Thursday, February 7, 2013

EVS-volunteer Heli

I'm 20 years old girl from Finland. I came to Slovenia 4th January to work as EVS-volunteer for one year (till December 2013). European Voluntary Service is a good chance to travel and live abroad for longer period.

At first I could write something about myself. I live in Finland, in town called Liminka (population of 9000). It's near a city called Oulu (190 000). They're located on the coast by the Baltic Sea.





About studying: After primary school (grades 1 to 9) I went to high school and hairdressing school at the same time. It took 3 years and I graduated in 2011. Right after finishing school I started working in hair salon in my home town. So before I came here I had been working there for 1,5 years.

I was living with my parents. I didn't move by my own yet because I was expecting to spend one year here in Slovenia. My dad is a farmer and mum works at office. I have also one sister, called Laura. She is 5 years older than me. At the moment she's studying civil engineering in university of applied sciences.

There are also 2 cats in my family :) They are called Pöpskä and Milla. They're living with my dad - on the farm there is a lot of space to run outside and hunt birds and mice ;)


Pöpskä - 9 years old

Milla - 13 years old


I like sports veeeeery much. I've played floorball (indoor hockey) like 10 years already. We are playing in women's 2. division and have tournaments 1-2 times per month and practicing twice a week. I am a goalkeeper.







I'm also a cheerleader. Our team is called Baby Beast Cheerleaders (check our websites here) and we are cheering for an ice-hockey team from Oulu called Kärpät. Because we are dancing in ice-hockey hall with not so much space, we don't do stunts etc. It's more like cheerdance.



Besides these hobbies, if i still have some freetime I usually go running, snowboarding, fishing or rollerblading.

Fishing in Lapland: 12,2 kg salmon from river Muonionjoki

  

No comments:

Post a Comment