Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Angry Birds at school

I've had some presentations about Finland at schools around Ajdovscina. Last week and this Tuesday I also visited Danilo Lokarja school in Ajdovscina, we were singing and dancing two Finnish songs with kids - that was a lot of fun! And I was surprised how quickly and well they learned the lyrics, pronouncing words like real Finns :-)

So far I've visited primary schools in Budanje, Smarje, Podnanos, Goce and Lokavec. (I'm sorry that I don't have these s, z, c -letters with "roofs" on my keypad -  it's Finnish so instead of those I have ä, ö, å ;). I have a Power point presentation about Finland and show some videos - for example about northern lights and ice-swimming after sauna. And these seem to be something what they haven't seen before :) After the presentation we have a workshop and make Angry Birds characters from cardboard - kids have really liked them! I chose Angry Birds theme because it comes from Finland and kids know them and like the game really much!

I will add some pictures later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment